Sunday, October 04, 2009

Gay TV Characters

More and more of the shows that I regularly watch are starting to have gay characters. I absolutely love it! It's just all around comforting to see them. I really don't care if they are a stereotype, recurring character, or part of the main storey line. I'm just happy that they're there. My current list of INCLUSIVE shows includes: Desperate Housewives, Nurse Jackie, Brothers and Sisters, Weeds, True Blood, Modern Family, 30 Rock (kind of), and Suze Orman (not a 'show' but she's great... You, cannot, afford it!).

However I've noticed that something has started to happen. Shows that I once loved I find myself no longer wanting to watch. These are the shows without gay characters. I still find the shows to be good, but really feel like something is missing. One good example is Dexter. Last year I was absolutely delighted by this show. However this year I'd like to see a new cast member. Maybe someone transferred from another police precinct. He could have a picture of him and his boyfriend in clear view on his desk.

Does anyone else find their media choices becoming a little slanted? By the way I don't know if any else watched Ru Paul's Drag Race but I LOVED that show. It just fills a much needed void in my preferred televisions programming. I think it's coming back in January!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey you left Glee off your list. It's the gayest show EVER!

    Yes, I'm becoming slanted. I don't watch the drama shows. I stick to comedies, entertainment, and talent shows like American Idol and Dancing With the Stars.

    So much television programming is crap. How many different CSI shows are there nowadays? About 18? Christ! Give it a break!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!